Random thoughts about my interests which include (in no particular order) poker, finance & investing, politics, football and whatever else I happen to see that piques my interest

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What a Relief


Whew, glad that's over. Not the most pleasant way to spend a weekend my friends. After mid day on Saturday I never strayed far from the bathroom. And a good thing I didn't either. So I spent the weekend reading and playing poker online. It was slightly profitable but quite irritating to watch AA get busted by both QJ offsuit and 95 suited. I also followed the WSOP main event online on both Poker News and Dr Pauly's poker blog. Had to drink that citrate of magnesium 3 times. BLEH. Still I sucked it up and have been cleansed inside and out, had all kinds of pictures of my insides (and 2 polyps removed to boot) and now I'm back on solid food again.
I had an appointment with my GP yesterday afternoon after the colonoscopy in the morning. We talked of a few things and she sent me for an EKG after my appointment was done. All in all it was a pretty busy day but at least I got a nap in on the table when I was getting the colonoscopy. So they tell me I had 2 polyps but hell, they could have snapped some pics of my ass and woken me up a while later without doing anything else and I'd be none the wiser. I'll find out if the 2 polyps were anything to worry about when I see the gastroenterologist in a couple of weeks. By then I will have turned 50. Oh Yay. Of course it does beat the alternatives.
Tonight I'm watching the All Star game while I DVR Deadliest Catch. These are the episodes where Phil Harris died of a stroke. The man was only 3 1/2 years older than I am. Ouch. Anyway the NL may win this game yet. Between Joe Girardi making some bad pitching changes (why not bring in one of your best closers when the bases are loaded and you need an out?) and Josie's fave Big Sloppy taking a called 3rd strike when a hit drives in at least one run, the AL is in trouble. Well Ole Papi leads off the 9th for the AL and if they get some runners on Girardi still has AFraud to pinch hit with. Does this inspire me with confidence? Uh noooooo. I can see it now. Papi leads off the ninth with a hit. A Rod comes up after somebody makes an out and Mr Non Clutch hits into a DP to end the game. Wow Valverde of the Tigers is just throwing nasty stuff up there. So I'm gonna watch the bitter end of this game while I finish this poker tourney I'm in. Almost into the money now and I need some more chips to go further. Hope everyone has a good week. Stay lucky you nuts.

3 comments:

DavidS said...

Sounds like you're going through a pretty tough time at the moment. Just wanted to say that I hope it all works out and that you get back to the tables soon and in even better form.

The Neophyte said...

David, Thank you for the kind words. It's not as bad as it sounds and I'm thankful for that. I should be fine unless these polyps come back cancerous. When I get back to the tables I hope I'm in better form, I could use some good results on the real rather than virtual felt. Good luck to you on the tables as well.

Josh said...

Bit of a pain having AA get busted by both QJ offsuit and 95 suited, but that sounds like the least fo your troubles. Hope all works out well.