Random thoughts about my interests which include (in no particular order) poker, finance & investing, politics, football and whatever else I happen to see that piques my interest

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Time to build the ark

Wow have we gotten a lot of rain today.   Rain bands from tropical storm Debby, even though the storm is located about 150 miles from the mouth of the Mississippi River.  I thought about going to Home Depot and buying all their wood to start building a little ark to save the family but I was too late, the HD was sold out.  So I just figured on going to one of the local marinas and hijacking a 40 foot sailer I've had my eye on.  None of these animals 2X2 either.  If I'm feeling generous I might let them bring the dog with em, otherwise the animals are on their own.  Here is how it looked about a quarter mile down the road from my house today.
Too bad this isn't a blue Infinity


We went to my sis in laws house by the beach this morning for brunch.  It didn't start really raining hard until we got there so no issues getting there but on the way back the road she lives off of that leads to the main road along the beach was pretty backed up.  So I am driving ultra slowly through the water which extends for about 100 yds when some idiot in an Infinity comes out of a side street right in front of me, doesn't bother to slow down, never mind stop, at the stop sign, and turns left right in front of me.  I'm praying the water he kicks up doesn't flood my engine while I curse him out but I made it.  Of course since that road is the only way in or out of that area and he was proceeding further in, had my car been stalled out I could have hunted him down at my leisure.  And I would have. 

We got home without further incident and not long after getting home I finished up my post poker blog from last night and decided a nap was called for.  Is there anything better than taking a couple of hour nap on a rainy Sunday afternoon?  Not today there wasn't anyway.  Wow the rain is really coming down again.  It slows down and even stops for a little bit then starts back up.  Looks like a quiet night at home tonight.  Hope I'll be able to get to work tomorrow, I usually go right where that car went. 

2 comments:

Lucki Duck said...

Looks like you got the "dirty" side of the storm. Hope things dry out soon.

KenP said...

Looks like Fla is still catching it and Debbie is heading for a Fla landfall. Stay dry/safe!