Random thoughts about my interests which include (in no particular order) poker, finance & investing, politics, football and whatever else I happen to see that piques my interest

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Nothing to see here

Just my same old hum drum life.  I'm not flying out to the Gambling mecca of the US, nor has anyone exposed their breasts to me or come to think of it fondled my ass.  And the PQ says it had best remain that way.  But life does go on and so do I.

Well Tropical Storm Debbie is finally gone.  It  was weird how it just hung out off the coast for days while the wind blew and the rain fell.  In one 24 hour period we got 12 inches of rain.  The wind blew constantly between 30-40 mph for about 3 days.  They closed the Sunshine Skyway bridge for more than 2 days straight. 

While I have been not gambling or partying for the past few days I did find time to pick up a few books for my ereader.  One of my Fathers Day Gifts was a gift card to Barnes & Noble.  I have been wanting Arnold Snyders Poker Tournament Book for myself but it wasn't a Nookbook last time I checked.  Well it is now and I own it.  I also picked up a book that looked interesting titled "Holdem hands I played badly" by a guy named Michael Hesse.  I'll start it tomorrow probably and see what I think about it.  One final book I bought was Zen and the Art of Poker but that one I bought in paperback and it's being mailed to me. 

While I got these poker books I also bought a short book by Craig Johnson.  I've started watching a new series on A&E called "Longmire"  Its about a older guy who's the sheriff of the least populous county in Wyoming and Craig Johnson wrote the series.  I guess I am attracted to the sparseness and the stark beauty in the countryside not to mention how many of the people look as weather beaten as the land they live in.  So I thought I'd try out one of his stories.  Now I want to read the whole series.  Hope the library has them all.  After being surrounded by people all the time, I kinda want to lose myself out in the middle of nowhere. 

Well it's bed time.  Sorry for the lack of poker content as well as the non salacious nature of my post.  Good night everyone.

1 comment:

The Neophyte said...

Sorry Mojo, apparently everyone respects you so they waited until the voice of reason and sanity left before the teenaged hijinx began. Of course if they had known the wild child just waiting to burst free like the creature in Alien they wouldn't have waited so long.

Light, I hate to break this to you but your erstwhile GF has been packing on all the weight you've lost - at least according to this story:
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/06/casey-anthony-out-hiding-weight-gain-florida

And yes the PQ is the only one who will be doing those things to me. Especially if I want to live a long and full life.