Random thoughts about my interests which include (in no particular order) poker, finance & investing, politics, football and whatever else I happen to see that piques my interest

Friday, July 15, 2011

Do you know the way to


Two Egg? 

I'm taking a little time off work Friday and Monday and the PQ and I are going on our 2nd annual Search for Florida.  Last year around my birthday we took a little trip and visited such thriving metropolises (metropolii?) as Steinhatchee, Micanopy (Its pronounced Mick ah NO pee) Cedar Key, Yankeetown and Crackertown.  I realized I had lived in Florida for over 20 years and outside of Disney World, the Tampa St Pete area and a bit of Orlando, I really hadn't seen very much of the state, especially the old sections which show a lot of what Fla was like in the pre air conditioning era.   So last year we decided to hit up some out of the way areas and see what they were like. 

We really enjoyed it and so this year we are going a little further afield.  Which brings me back to the title of my post.  I was reading an article about weird named towns in the US and one of them that was mentioned was Two Egg, Florida.  So I looked it up (its near the Georgia border) and we made plans of places to visit and sights to see up in Northwest Florida.  I have always wanted to drive up US 98 along the coast and see what it was like heading toward Destin and Seaside (where The Truman Show was filmed) Panama City and Fort Walton Beach.  We might even go to Pensacola or into Alabama (or if I'm feeling really lucky, Biloxi though thats a bit far afield for us) just because we've never gone there.  It's a chance for us to visit some small towns, beach communities, little restaurants, and play a little poker at whatever local poker rooms they have.  Last year we went to the Ocala Jai Alai facility and played some (I took a bad cooler there) and this year we'll probably go to a dog track up in the northwest part of the state. 

Damn ESPN is showing live coverage of day 3 of the WSOP.  Too Cool.  Huck Seed just went bye bye when his queens got flushed.  Amazing the Phil Hellmuth is still in as he started day 2 with around 3000 chips.  I don't like him as he's an attention whore who gets his jollies sometimes by berating others but damn when he puts his mind to it, the man can play poker.

Well its late and I gotta get up early and do some travelling.  So its time for bed here.  Hope everyone has a good weekend and if you get to play a little poker, get lucky and stay lucky.  Don't know if I'll be doing any posting this weekend. 

2 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Have a good trip -- sounds like fun.

Josie said...

Enjoy your trip and Happy Birthday Neo Baby!