Random thoughts about my interests which include (in no particular order) poker, finance & investing, politics, football and whatever else I happen to see that piques my interest

Friday, February 3, 2012

Playin Hooky


Is there anything better taking off on a Friday creating a 3 day weekend out of it?  Outside of a 4 day weekend?  But today is not all about playing hooky, as much as I'd really like to.  No the reason I'm  blogging from home instead of placing my nose to the grindstone at work is because I had to get a couple of wisdom teeth removed this morning. 

Getting teeth removed seems a bit of a painful way to get a day off from work but with the amount of work I've had to put in lately, it seemed like the best thing to do.  Now that's a slight exaggeration but I have had a good amount of OT over the past 3 months.  Just this past week I worked 11 hours Monday, 13 on Tuesday, 10 on Wednesday and another 10 on Thursday.  The main reason I haven't posted much is because with all the hours I'm putting in, I can barely function when I get home.  I start nodding off in front of the computer.  So I apologize for my lack of posts but at least my bank account appreciates the extra effort.  Which is pretty important as it looks like the PQ and I may be buying this home we live in. 


About 6 months after we moved in, the owner put the home up for sale as she hasn't been able to find a job lately.  She had originally bought this home as a place to retire in and was renting it out for income until she retired but apparently the economy hasn't been kind to her lately.  We looked into getting the home but things weren't working out and then fairly recently we went another route and now we have made an offer which was accepted.  Since the home is going up as a short sale, it is supposed to take a while before the house will be ready for settlement, but so far everything looks good.  Unfortunately, this has also meant the PQ and I had to put off the trip to Vegas we had been planning for the end of February.  Hopefully we'll be able to take this trip in the late summer or fall. 

Well I'm gonna wrap this up.  I think it's nap time.  I took a Vicodin a little while ago and it seems to be kicking in now.  I feel pretty good all in all, the jaw is a little bit sore but not really painful.  Vitamin V does the trick.  So good night for now.   Enjoy your weekend everyone, more than I am enjoying mine at least. 

4 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Looks like a great house. GL recovering from you extraction or whatever it is they call it.

The Neophyte said...

I wish that were the actual house Mojo. This one is a bit smaller.

lightning36 said...

Hey -- sounds good -- the house, I mean! Getting wisdom teeth out usually isn't too bad unless they are badly impacted.

Leaving for Las Vegas Sunday morning. Add the trip to Florida = a great month.

The Neophyte said...

You lucky dog Light. Have a great time in Vegas, rule Ballys poker room again. Teeth weren't impacted so not a terrible experience. I'm off the Vitamin V today (this morning walking the dog it felt like I was floating along) and I'm not in much pain at all. Mouth just feels weird right now.