Random thoughts about my interests which include (in no particular order) poker, finance & investing, politics, football and whatever else I happen to see that piques my interest

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Freedom's just another word for....


Goofing off. I've got the house to myself this weekend as the PQ is in Orlando with her sister and her hubby and kids. She picked up the PD (Poker Daughter) last night as well. Today the girls and my bro in law are at the MegaCon convention for anime, sci fi,fantasy,etc while my wife, her sis and my nephew visit Universal Studios. And who knows what I'll do.


Yesterday was a long day at work but I was planning on working late since no one was home. Hell even the dog is over with my other sis in law here though I'll pick her up shortly. I got into work at 7:30 yesterday morning and didn't leave until almost 9:30 last night. Thats a long day. I got a lot done but wish I could have done more. This time of year we are soooo busy with people trying to correct info for their taxes and others trying to add cost basis for stuff they sold. Add in the law changes this year which are making people take notice of cost of their stocks and bonds much more than they used to. We are normally really busy at this time of year but this year we are at least 40 or 50% busier. Which puts a big strain on everyone and does not fill a person with joy everyday.


Unfortunately as hard as I worked yesterday, I still could not fall right asleep. I woke up way too early to boot and I can't blame wife,kids, or dog for that, I just am used to being up at 6:30 everyday and my body decided I needed to get up then. Hopefully I can take a nap this afternoon. I usually hate napping on the weekends, feels like I'm wasting my free time but I'm gonna make an exception today. I do have something to do tonight though. A local radio station is sponsoring a freeroll tourney and I have entry into it so I will be playing tonight. One of the DJs there sponsors the tourney every Saturday night that PQ and I often play in. It will be nice to play a freebie this time though you never know what kind of player you're gonna be up against in free tourneys I have noticed. Maybe after the tourney I'll either go right to bed and then get up early and head to the Hard Rock, or I'll go right from the tourney there. We'll see.


Not much else going on now. Doing laundry and took clothes to the dry cleaners first thing so I've been somewhat productive. Now it's time to veg out for a bit. Hopefully I'll have good results tonight. Till then its bye bye from sunny Florida. Stay lucky you nuts.

3 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

GL in the tourney. Show them what a blogger can do!

The Neophyte said...

Thanks Mojo, We'll see

lightning36 said...

Dang -- you have free time and I still have a gift card from Hooters that I haven't used. Florida needs to be closer to Illinois.