Random thoughts about my interests which include (in no particular order) poker, finance & investing, politics, football and whatever else I happen to see that piques my interest

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Nice ends at Midnight


The above title refers to a line from one of my favorite comics Bill Engvall. He was talking about some guy dating his daughter and calling for her late at night. His wife said "Now Bill, be nice." and that was his response. I'll tell you where this links up in a moment.
I'm tired this morning. It was a hard week at work, systems were down at times and made it hard to do all I had to do. Luckily it was a 4 day work week as I don't think I would have made it another day. So last night, actually early this morning, I've nodded off in my Triptophan recliner when the phone rings. Now it's after 2 am. I look at the caller ID and it says Private. My wife's grandmother has her phone set up to say Private so I'm afraid this might be a call from her. She is 93 and has spent some time in the hospital lately so this could be an emergency. I answer. Hello. Helloooo. Now I'm getting miffed. No answer at all. So I hang up. Of course the call has woken my wife. I told her about the (non) call and we wonder if it was her grandmother or not. And we head up to bed.
A couple of hours later the same thing happens. Now I was really out that time. I was not Mr Sweetness and Light when I answered. And absolutely nothing on the phone. I was too tired to be too pissed off to sleep. Of course the dog gets me up about 8:15 to take her out. A zombie walking a dog, nice picture there. So I'm sitting like a zombie in my chair again and about 9 the phone rings. Private again. This time I'm thinking it probably is my wife's grandmother. So I answer. After a pause some guy asks "Is Christina there?" Like an IDIOT I say "There's no one named Christina here". I'm sure it was due to sleep deprivation or something. What I should have done was tell this moron that she was out for the day and to get his number so she could call him at 7am. Then while he was sleeping tonight, call him every 2 hours. Then call at 7 and ask him how he feels. But I'm not vindictive or anything.
Anyway I'm up and about after a fashion. Watching the French Open Women's Finals now. Two gals I don't really know playing. I do know the Aussie chick Stosur has bigger shoulders than me. She is strong looking. Maybe a little bigger than Venus Williams. I don't think she is gonna win though as the other chick, Schiavone, who is from Italy? is making a few more plays. And Shiavone won. First Italian women in the open era which is the last 40 years. My question is, why did a bunch of her supporters have shirts that read "Shiavone A reason to believe" or something like that IN ENGLISH. Why not in Italian or even French since this is in Paris? Why English? Weird
So I hope y'all have big plans for this weekend. Mine aren't big but will include visiting the local dog track/poker room to lay a bet or 5 down on the Belmont. Gotta do a bit of research on that. Also play a little poker I hope. Have a great weekend all. Stay lucky you nuts.

1 comment:

Josie said...

Funny post. "A zombie walking a dog, nice picture there." lol