Random thoughts about my interests which include (in no particular order) poker, finance & investing, politics, football and whatever else I happen to see that piques my interest

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

And I thought last week was bad

The Dow plummeted 635 points today.  If last Thursday was ugly, what was today?  Phyllis Diller ugly?  Maybe even Patrick Ewing ugly.  Not quite Jim Plunkett ugly but close.  On a pure points basis, it's the 4th biggest drop in history for the Dow.  On a percentage basis, not nearly as bad.  But still not good at over 5% down.    Some of my stocks really took a beating, down multiple dollars per share.  The only good points were the gold miners who were all up a bit and Cal Maine Foods.  I'm not sure why but that stock was actually up 2% while all the others were getting waylaid.  I hope tomorrow is a rebound day,  because another down day like this and I might as well work till I'm 80

1 comment:

lightning36 said...

Damn the bounceback. I was thinking of hiring you as my butler.