Random thoughts about my interests which include (in no particular order) poker, finance & investing, politics, football and whatever else I happen to see that piques my interest

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Back to the grind

Played in the NLHE tourney last night for the WBCOOP - it did not go well. I missed the first hour doing some stuff with the family but when I got in there I still had 2275 of my starting 3000 stack. I immediately got some good hands which went down in flames. Just not my night. I ended up pushing all in with AQ suited and getting called by A10. I knew what was coming. Flop was 10-10-4 and it was good night. I watch Josie play for a while and played in an Omaha 8 tourney for a while. I did ok but missed the money when I made an ill advised push. Josie was all over the place, up to 75K, down to 40K, just bouncing up and down. Not all her fault as her AA got cracked by A2 but she also pushed a couple of hands I wouldn't. Then again she cashed again and I didn't so who am I to say.

Tonight was the Omaha 8 tourney. I hated the 10pm start time. I did a bit better busting out 108th for a cash at least. I am disappointed as I pushed when I flopped top 2, got raised by a moron who pushed a lot of not so good hands, and pushed all in over the top of him. He had a straight draw and bottom pair as well as a low draw. Of course his bottom pair becomes trips. Still I made mostly good decisions I thought. Wanted to finish higher but had to make a stand and if my hand holds up I am all of a sudden in top 20 and looking for a nice cash. Figures.

I won't be playing in tomorrow's tourney as I will be busy working my fingers to the bone and my bosses would look askance at me playing poker online while I work. I probably won't be able to play in the Friday event either as it starts at 5 and I will still be hard at work. Perhaps I will be able to register before the tourney and pick it up when I get home. So maybe this is my last WBCOOP until Saturday. Or maybe I play the 8 game mixed event which will be difficult at best for me. Either way, I am enjoying these tourneys. So until I see you all again on the virtual felt, stay lucky you nuts.

3 comments:

Josie said...

I lasted 6 minutes in tonight's plo8. Ugly.

Memphis MOJO said...

A ca$h is a cash.

The Neophyte said...

It definitely beats not cashing. We'll see if I can get into Friday's game