Random thoughts about my interests which include (in no particular order) poker, finance & investing, politics, football and whatever else I happen to see that piques my interest

Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Friday



Good Morning Fellow Former Online Poker Players.




Well it's Good Friday today and you know what that means. No I'm not talking about the religious connotations of the day though based on the probable state of my soul, I probably ought to be. Nope what I'm talking about is the fact that the stock market is closed today. Which means my employer is closed today. Can you say Day Off? I thought that you could.




Unfortunately it does not mean I will spend the day playing poker online and I probably won't spend it in my local card room either. We are in the process of packing up our stuff as we are moving at the end of the month. Not very far, just up the road a couple of miles so my wife and be near her mother and grandmother. This should be the 2nd to the last time I move in my life with any luck. The next time will be when I retire and move somewhere with less people. I'm aiming for Montana but everytime I mention that to the PQ she starts thinking about "The Shining" and that about kills it for her. Maybe we'll move near Vegas, but far enough from the city so that there's some room. Or out near Tahoe? Just anywhere that's not far from gambling but has enough room so that I don't feel surrounded by people. Of course PQ wants to stay close to our kids so that in the event they ever marry and have children she can be near them. So one of them better move somewhere away from the cities.




It's only 10:30 am and I've already learned 2 new things. I didn't know Jason Statham was a member of the British National Diving Team. I also didn't know that actors Marcus and Paul Giamatti were sons of former baseball commissioner A Bartlett Giamatti. Amazing things you can learn when you're not out there earning the almighty dollar. Well time to wrap this up, need to hit the showers, drop off some crap at the hazardous waste site, pick up my son and get to work in here. I'll write some more later with a little luck. I'm sure some of you will be trolling around since playing poker for play money just ain't your style. It ain't mine either. I'll see y'all later. Until then stay lucky you nuts.

1 comment:

Memphis MOJO said...

Have a good day off. Don't work too hard.