Random thoughts about my interests which include (in no particular order) poker, finance & investing, politics, football and whatever else I happen to see that piques my interest

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Saturday Morning Quickie

Gotta ref early today at 11am so I only have time for a quickie today.  Figured on putting a few short term investment choices out there so I can embarass myself again.  Lately I'm lucky to pick one right.  I am in a dead pool at work where I somehow made it through a treacherous week 1 (barely) and this week's pick is the NY Jets.  I hate the Jetskis but they shouldn't have any problem winning this week. 

My college picks for today are

Washington St +5 over San Diego St
Army +6 over Northwestern
Navy +16.5 over South Carolina
Tennessee +9.5 over Florida
Oklahoma -3 over Florida St.

I had a game Thursday night.  That was a busy game, a lot of scoring and we were shorthanded as one of the refs was removed from the game.  I don't know what happened there but I'm not happy doing games short handed, especially since we have plenty of refs.  We did a lot of running that day and I was pretty tired when it was over.  But I've had plenty of time to rest and only 2 games today so all should be well.  No rain it looks like either.  About time I stop refereeing in quagmires. 

Rays lost a disappointing game last night, one they could have won.  They lose one of the next 2, I think their shot is over but I still think the Red Sox have their work cut out for them too.  They are not the same team that was ripping through the AL all summer long.   Beckett was decent last night but not dominating.  They need him to be a lot better than that to make it to the post season never mind going somewhere.  Still an interesting end of the season coming up.   Well gotta go get ready.  With a bit of luck I'll be playing some poker tonight.  It's been a while.  Till then, stay lucky.

No comments: